Saturday, February 28, 2015

All games should support gamepads / controllers even strategy games

Hello truth seekers, Today's rant is about the lack of gamepad support for strategy / pc games. This is what I have to say on the subject: Not ALL buttons are used frequently enough to make the argument that there aren't enough buttons on a gamepad. Also, if game makers got a little bit creative, they could make single press, double press and holding down options for the gamepad giving more than enough button options. All that happens is I have to use mapping software to emulate the keyboard on my gamepad. So if I'm going to play it that way anyway, you can have strategy games that support gamepads. Also, haven't you seen any of the console strategy games lately? They support controllers. Hey I thought PC gamers were the "Master Race" of gamers. But strategy games on PC wont support gamepads, but ones on the consoles do? Come on man. ANY and ALL games should support gamepads, no excuses. Besides, strategy game or not, I'm really not interested in using 40 buttons to play the dang thing. Hurts my brain to do that. I hope you help spread this word and I hope game makers listen.

No comments: