Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting an education is supporting the devil

I never knew that getting an education would be me supporting the devil. Heres what happened: I borrowed $50,000 to go to the University of Phoenix. Got top honors there and finished with a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology. No sooner than I graduate I hear George Bush saying on tv that "Americans want to throw up the walls to international trade" but he wasn't interested in keeping our economy to ourselves. So he urged all corporations (via tax credits for doing so) to send IT jobs to India. So as I interview all throughout the Silly Cone Valley, all the interviewers tell me is that the majority of tech jobs have been sent to India or China, but the position I was interviewing for was to clean/maintain their code or just write documents about their code. And even those un-appealing jobs were scarce. So here I am 20 years later. One man (from India/Fiji) actually offered me a job as a Web Master and set me free to do what I do. The college I worked for and that one man were very happy about the changes I brought about. So far that was the pinnacle of my success. All other places Ive worked were far more interested in pissing matches than actually working. This even holds (especially holds true) at my current place of employment. No one other than Fiji Man, has ever treated me with any respect for what I do. They love to say how I know nothing with no evidence of this whatsoever. And whats on the tv today from the politicians? Well everyone is disgusted with how much money the government is making off of student loans like mine. Forever charging me interest and threatening to throw me in jail if I don't pay. Wow, this is what I went to school for? And now I work at another school and all I can feel for these poor students that have as much excitement as I used to have, is pitty. They have no idea that their educations have nothing to do with the work they will do, its just a money grab by criminals on poor hard working, un-suspecting students and young people. Trying to enslave them in debt. Eventually, you have to tell yourself that you love information and being smart and thats why you did it regardless of society and thoughts you had at being successful.

No comments: