Monday, May 9, 2022

What fairness in the workplace would look like. Why financial management is not taught in public schools.

I have always wondered a few things about the workplace....

Why is it they want to pay me the least they can but I am expected to give the MAX labor that I can? If it was fair, I would do the absolute minimum work to match their minimum wage

Why do they act like evil dictators when I am the one rolling out of bed when its still dark out so I can pay for an expensive car with insurance and gas for it to go their location? They will NEVER give any money to my car fund. When it breaks down I have to pay to repair it, when I use it to get to their location!

I have to spend my personal time shopping for clothes that are appropriate for their workplace, why isn't there a clothes fund from the employer for my wardrobe?

Isn't it bad enough that we have to work for as little as possible but we have to bear the expenses to work no matter how much they cost!!?

I think that employers spend their miserable pathetic lives figuring out how to save in processes down to the penny. However, who teaches us about money and money management? Maybe they know we will never have money to manage and so it is not taught in school. I do remember, civics, history and social studies and classes of the like where they can spoon feed me lies. However the one lie the don't tell anyone in grade school is about finances. And in fact when one gets to be an adult and work to save into a retirement account, they have created scams called 401K. What the hell does that mean? No one that has a 401 k knows crap about it, or if they did they would outright refuse it.

We are purposely kept in the dark about finances for a reason. They want us ignorant about finances so they can steal our hard earned money. Bad enough they steal it from us, but to keep people ignorant about money in American society is heinous.  

They call retirement funds on wall street, "dumb money". This is because it is mismanaged by new and inexperienced traders that frequently lose the money. This is even happening to pensions. Pensions are supposed to be non-taxable money you set aside from all your lifetime earnings to retire on. 

We are supposed to know everything, except when it comes to finances, money or investment. Also you have no say whatsoever in the place you work, and this directly is the labor for your finances. It's no wonder we are overworked and underpaid. We all believe that someone "smarter" than us knows how to manage your money better than you. And they would be right if putting your money in their pockets is the goal. If something is made to be difficult, it is so that you will be ignorant of it. This maybe ok for some things but NEVER should be true of your finances. You live in a home, how much do you know about real estate law? It directly affects you right? But the reason you are ignorant of it is because it was made way too complex for you to spend time learning. Even though not having this knowledge could be of great detriment to you and your family.

I did a quick search to see what public schools actually teach finances, here was the first link: click here for msnbc story

No comments: